Sunday, July 19, 2009

letting go of investments in the moment







July 19, 2009 Cline Library, NAU
15:05:00 PDT, Flagstaff, AZ

…continued yoga journal;

We invest years in a moment and circumstances have a life all their own. A birthing, a lifeline or living, and then a death. All this occurs in a lifetime WHILE we are ALIVE.

Long ago I left friends from a complicated time as well as neighbors and some folks on some of the jobs where we met. The on-going ness of familial ties has a lifeline or living of its own, as well.

I have let go in this lifetime of wanting things different than they are and have adjusted with God’s help and some human aid to allowing things in my family to be just as they are.

What is different is that now I am ok with the difficulty that my family has with closeness and intimacy.

Instead of wanting them to change and pick up my offers to join-in with me, I am now ok with letting go of wanting them to be different. Letting go of complications has been the life long personal/Spiritual lesson learned well.

Long ago I left friends from a complicated time. Now I feel like I have let go of complicated family members from a difficult time. I tried being of useful service for some 20-25 years to no avail, now is the time to let go of them and that moment that I invested much time with.

A new moment is arriving. Remember, it is neither the journey nor the destination that matters most, but being OPEN to find what is in the next Moment seems to me to ring vital and has more import.

Trying to get people, family or folks at large to like you when they do not like you is a wasted effort and letting go of trying to do this is what the letting go is all about. After-all…why not spend time with folks that ALREADY do like you? Go figure on a spiritual lesson learned well.

Spent the past ten nights living in the tent out on the forest
service-line on the Arizona Trail. Days have been spent walking the BA and Kaibab Trails… to date 82 miles.

Living out-of-doors and walls leaves nothing to be desired.
I enjoy not living INSIDE. The lone male elk has been calling, bugling and bellowing under cover of the stars. A green hummingbird checked me out yesterday at day break. I like being around in the outside; in the great Ponderosa forest of the Mogollon Rim in No. AZ and do not lament for an instant the amenities afforded in middle-class America.


Am on a break today and am happier for it. See? It is the moment that Janis Joplin talked about in the 60’s, the moment that Naparsteck referred to concerning Childs’ work and of course the work Gate’s has been up to, not forget Bill Wilson too.
Fretting about the other 364 days leaves us alone in our misery and dis-conjoined from this moment.


Thank you my friends for reading my soliloquy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment